Sakina is a change-maker and advocate for equal access to sport, whose projects have reached more than 100,000 young people in Azerbaijan. She works as a marketing specialist at the National Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan and is a member of the IOC’s Olympic Channel Commission.
Sakina’s project, Sport for Everyone, uses table tennis as a tool for promoting sport and healthy living among young people from less advantaged communities, especially girls.
Alongside providing sports equipment and resources to orphanages and public schools, the sustainable concept uses coaches from national sports federations to train teachers, who in their turn trained more than 200 children in 2019.
1. Interview for IOC: https://www.olympic.org/news/meet-the-yog-s-young-leaders
2. Project highlights at the Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/sakina-valiyeva-azerbaijan/?uxreference=seealso
3. Participation in the Youth Summit: https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-to-host-global-gathering-of-inspiring-young-leaders-ahead-of-lausanne-2020
4. Appointment as IOC's Olympic Channel Commission member on local media: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0qLMmNj4W7/
5. Project highlights on local media: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu_pdOAg35V/
6. Giving a speech during a meeting of the OCEP programme: http://olimpiyadunyasi.com/w23.html
7. Giving a speech to women at a forum dedicated to International Women’s Day as a speaker: https://edumap.az/oz-gununu-yarat-adli-mini-forum-kecirilecek/