- During the Olympic Games a hotline for reporting possible violations is available: +41 800 12 14 16.
- Any information related to cheating should be reported to the IOC Integrity Hotline: www.olympic.org/integrityhotline
- Confidentiality is ensured.
Integrity Betting Intelligence System (IBIS):
Since the Olympic Games Beijing 2008, betting on all Olympic competitions has been monitored. Any irregular pattern reported was analysed, with national and international police forces, including INTERPOL, playing a vital role. Should an irregular pattern be detected or serious suspicion raised, a disciplinary commission can be set up by the IOC President.
In January 2014, the IOC created the Integrity Betting Intelligence System (IBIS) with the aim of:
- supporting International Federations (IFs) and organisers of multisport events, including the Olympic Games, in the fight for clean competitions by providing them with alerts and intelligence via a centralised mechanism for the exchange of information. The IOC acknowledges the fact that football has developed its own mechanisms and has agreed on reciprocal support;
- protecting clean athletes from any negative influence related to sports betting; and
- creating a framework for transparency, confidentiality and trust between all stakeholders.
What does IBIS do?
- IBIS collects and distributes information and intelligence related to sports betting for use by all stakeholders of the Olympic Movement.
- As an IT platform, IBIS enables communication between all partners on the sports side and the different entities involved in sports betting through Single Points of Contact (SPOC).