The Commission for Olympic Education advises the IOC Session, the IOC Executive Board and the IOC President on the promotion of Olympic values-based education and provides strategic direction on IOC programmes and activities related to the education of youth through sport.
The responsibilities of the Olympic Education Commission are to advise on :
- The development and implementation of an Olympic values education strategy;
- Advocacy for quality physical education and the integration of values in school curricula, and for suitable and age appropriate sports in and out of school settings;
- Dissemination of the Olympic values in various communication channels, and the promotion of the importance of sport and physical activity for youth development and education;
- Delivery of the Olympic Values Education Programme, and development of resources for teachers and educators on Olympic values and life skills;
- Integration of values education into IOC properties and partner programmes such as the Athlete Career Development Programme, Massive Online Open Courses, YOG, OCOGs and WADA;
- Optimisation of strategic partnerships with IOC-recognised organisations working in the field of education, and support Sport for Development programmes which focus on the development of life skills and values education.
The Olympic Education Commission is supported by the Public Affairs and Social Development through Sport Department.
Mikaela COJUANGCO JAWORSKI
Barry MAISTER, ONZM
Paul K. TERGAT
Marion KEIM LEES
Young Hee LEE
Judy SIMONS, J.P.
Director in charge
Director of Public Affairs and Social Development through Sport