The new Olympic Channel brings you news, highlights, exclusive behind the scenes, live events and original programming, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
Olympic Agenda 2020 is the strategic roadmap for the future of the Olympic Movement. The 40 recommendations are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that, when you put together, form a picture that shows the IOC safeguarding the uniqueness of the Olympic Games and strengthening sport in society.
Some of the key areas addressed by Olympic Agenda 2020 are:
- Changes to the candidature procedure, with a new philosophy to invite potential candidate cities to present a project that fits their sporting, economic, social and environmental long-term planning needs.
- Reducing costs for bidding, by decreasing the number of presentations that are allowed and providing a significant financial contribution from the IOC.
- Move from a sport-based to an event-based programme.
- Strengthen the 6th Fundamental Principle of Olympism by including non-discrimination of sexual orientation in the Olympic Charter.
- Launch of an Olympic Channel to provide a platform for sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period, 365 days a year.
- Adapting and further strengthening the principles of good governance and ethics to changing demands.
- Athletes remain at the centre of all 40 of the proposals, with the protection of the clean athletes being at the heart of the IOC's philosophy.
Download the session presentation
Download the Olympic Agenda 2020 Recommendations
Download the Context and Background Document
Download the implementation plan - 2015 and beyond
Download the implementation plan - 2016 and beyond
IOC PRESIDENT UNVEILS OLYMPIC AGENDA 2020 PROPOSALS
Take a look back at the Olympic Agenda 2020 discussions from the 127th IOC Session.