Youth Olympic Games: Great footage, photos and interviews available
Dear media colleagues and friends,
The inaugural Youth Olympic Games will soon get under way in Singapore, and the media relations team at the IOC would like to offer you content and services to help you with pre-Games programming and any other requests you may have during the Games. Please see below a short description of what is available:
- Really cool broadcast quality footage of our three YOG ambassadors — Yelena Isinbaeva, Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt — will be made available very soon:
For Rights-Holding broadcasters, please contact OBS
For Non Rights-Holding Broadcasters, please contact us directly
Click here to preview one of Yelena Isinbaeva’s video
Click here to preview one of Michael Phelps’s video
Click here preview one of Usain Bolt’s video
- High-resolution photos of our three ambassadors, venues, logos, mascots and kids practising sports , please see below FTP details:
(We recommend you use Filezilla to read the FTP site)
Please note that photos can only be used for editorial purposes, should all be accompanied by a copyright notice and cannot be made available in a downloadable format.
- Click here for a short document with facts and figures on the Youth Olympic Games
- We can help arrange interviews with:
1. The IOC President and our three YOG ambassadors (depending on their availability)
2. Athlete Role Models (ARM) who will be mentoring the 3,600 participating athletes. To see the full list of ARM, please click here:
3. 30 young ambassadors who have been mandated to promote the Games in their respective countries. To see the full list, please click here:
- We can help you get in contact with competitors via their National Olympic Committees.
- Three press conferences will take place in Singapore at the Main Press Centre:
1. 14 August at 10.00 a.m. (local time): IOC press conference with IOC President Jacques Rogge
2. 21 August at 11.30 a.m. (local time): IOC press briefing with Gilbert Felli, Olympic Games Executive Director
3. 26 August at 3 p.m. (local time): IOC press conference with IOC President Jacques Rogge
We are very excited about the first edition of the Youth Olympic Games and are happy to talk to you about it, listen to your suggestions and answer any questions that you might have. We look forward to hearing from you.