- 01 Mar 2004
- Olympic News
www.olympic.org: 70 % more visits in 2004!
Between the months of January and February 2004, website visits have been increasing sharply and more than two million visits have already been recorded on the official portal of the Olympic Movement: www.olympic.org. This marks a 70% increase over the same period last year.
35,000 visits on a record day
With an average of 33,000 visits per day, Thursday 26 February 2004 was the busiest day of the year, recording over 35,000 visits, with an average visit length of approximately 12 minutes, on the Olympic portal. North America, Europe, Asia and Oceania are the top geographic regions visiting the website.
Olympic Games ranks number one
The most frequented sections of the site were: Olympic Games, Sports, Athletes, News, and the Olympic Museum. The Multimedia section did not go unnoticed, as thousands of images and over 100,000 minutes of video footage were downloaded.
Breaking previous records
The celebration of the Games of the XXVIII Olympiad in Athens, Greece, is fast approaching and website visits are expected to climb to new record highs, breaking all previous Olympic Games records.
Seven good reasons to surf www.olympic.org
- Keep up to date with news which is posted on a regular basis on www.olympic.org
- Register online and receive all the press releases directly from the IOC
- Discover more than 250 profiles (and growing) of legendary Olympic athletes
- Learn about the sports that are on the Olympic programme
- Take a historic journey and discover all the medal winners and important highlights of all the Games since 1896
- Take a virtual tour of the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland and discover its hidden treasures
- Learn all about the Olympic Movement (structures, missions, facts and figures)