Renewal of IOC Representatives on WADA Foundation Board
The President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Dr Jacques Rogge, today appointed the people who will represent the IOC on the Foundation Board of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for the next term (2003-2005).
The designated representatives are:
- Richard W. POUND (CAN)*, IOC member, current Chairman of the WADA Foundation Board and Executive Committee
- Arne LJUNGQVIST (SWE)*, IOC member and member of the IOC Medical Commission
- Robin MITCHELL (FIJ)*, IOC member and member of the IOC Medical Commission
- Willi KALTSCHMITT (GUA), IOC member
The Foundation Board is the supreme decision-making body of WADA. It is composed, in equal numbers, of representatives of the Olympic Movement (IOC, Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC), Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF), General Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF), Association of the International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF), IOC Athletes' Commission and International Paralympic Committee (IPC)) and of Public Authorities. Each party is responsible for nominating its representatives. The Board delegates to an Executive Committee the actual management and running of the Agency, the performance of all its activities and the administration of its assets.
One third of the Board membership is reviewed each year.
The IOC President also appointed Prof. Arne Ljungqvist as IOC representative on WADA's Executive Committee.
* current IOC representatives on the WADA Foundation Board.
For further information, please visit the WADA website.