Olympic Champion Yang Yang to head IOC Evaluation Commission for 2nd Winter Youth Olympic Games
The President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Jacques Rogge, today announced the composition of the Evaluation Commission which will assess the candidature of Lillehammer (Norway) for the second edition of the Winter Youth Olympic Games (YOG). Lillehammer submitted its candidature file to the IOC in December 2010.
- Yang Yang, IOC member, IOC Athletes’ Commission member, Chairperson of the Evaluation Commission
- Roger Talermo, NOC representative, President of the Finnish Olympic Committee
- Fredi Schmid, AIOWF representative, International Skating Union (ISU) Director General
- Gilbert Felli, IOC Olympic Games Executive Director
- Christophe Dubi, IOC Sports Director
- Essar Gabriel, IOC Head of the Youth Olympic Games
- Jacqueline Barrett, IOC Head of Bid City Relations
The Evaluation Commission will submit a report to IOC members, who will then elect the YOG 2016 host city by postal vote before the end of this year.