- 05 Feb 2014
- IOC News
IOC Session debates future of Olympic Movement
The 126th IOC Session kicked off today in Sochi with the full IOC membership involved in lively discussions on ideas that will eventually form a strategic roadmap for the future of the Olympic Movement, the so-called Olympic Agenda 2020 initiated by IOC President Thomas Bach last year.
The debate is centered around three overarching themes of sustainability, credibility and youth and is structured into five themes:
1. Uniqueness of the Olympic Games - View the slides here
2. Athletes at the heart of the Olympic Movement - View the slides here
3. Olympism in action: keeping Olympism alive 365 days a year - View the slides here
4. The IOC’s role: unity in diversity - View the slides here
5. IOC structure and organisation - View the slides here
This Session’s first day saw 166 contributions from 68 IOC members on the first three themes. Tomorrow morning, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will address the IOC members before they continue to exchange views on themes four and five.