IOC announces new appointment within ITMS
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced today the appointment of Vincent Chupin as Vice President, Television & Audiovisual Rights, a newly created position which is part of IOC Television and Marketing Services.
The position will be based in Lausanne, Switzerland, and report to Timo Lumme, Managing Director, IOC Television and Marketing Services.
Mr Chupin comes to the IOC after spending the past 14 years at Eurosport, where he was responsible for the acquisition of television and new media rights and executive producer for football and motor sports.
During this time Mr Chupin helped establish Eurosport as a key player in the sports and television market. His position also involved strong collaboration with international sports federations as well as event organisers.
This new position will manage the relationship with existing broadcaster partners, drive broadcast coverage of the Olympic Games and look for opportunities within the ever- changing global media landscape.
The responsibilities of the position include:
· Maximise free-to-air coverage ensuring the fullest coverage to the broadest possible audience
· Implement the IOC’s broadcast rights strategy
· Develop the strategy to maximise audiovisual coverage of the Olympic Games in global TV markets
· Develop the strategy to maximise revenues (where rights fees are achievable)
· Initiate and develop a strategy to drive coverage and awareness in developing markets
· Assist broadcast rights holders in maximising their return on investment, while upholding and promoting the Olympic values