Fans and athletes to experience immersive technology at the Samsung Olympic Showcases
Worldwide Olympic Partner Samsung is bringing technological innovations to the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 through interactive experiences at the new Samsung Olympic Showcases. Samsung is encouraging fans and athletes to “Do What You Can’t” through fun, immersive experiences across multiple Samsung Olympic Showcases.
“For two decades as a Worldwide Olympic Partner, Samsung has connected fans, visitors and athletes from around the world with our latest technological innovations, which have now evolved to also include immersive experiences,” said Younghee Lee, CMO and Executive Vice President, Samsung Electronics. “We’re delighted to share Samsung’s latest mobile technologies and products so that fans and athletes can enjoy new, unique experiences while at the Olympic Winter Games.”
“Over the course of our longstanding partnership, Samsung has brought new experiences and technology advancements to each edition of the Olympic Games,” said President Bach. “Samsung helps to make each and every one an exciting and meaningful experience for all.”
The Samsung Olympic Showcases are designed to offer Olympic guests a dynamic digital playground that tells the Samsung history of brand and heritage in engineering, design, and craftsmanship, but also the decades of Olympic partnership. Visitors can experience and engage with Samsung’s products and Galaxy brand through a variety of activities including:
- Immersive virtual reality (VR) Experiences: Unique VR experiences powered by the Galaxy Note8 allow fans to put themselves in an athlete's shoes hitting the fresh mountain slopes in snowboarding and skeleton, or travel in Mission to Space VR with “A Moon for All Mankind” experience – available to consumers for the first time.
- Playful Experiences: Promoting the fun side of technology, Portrait Pool allows visitors to turn their selfies into painted characters for social sharing.
- Smart Home (Internet of Things - IoT): Multi-device and futuristic demos powered by mobile technology showcase IoT solutions and what our future lifestyle could be like.
- Unbox Samsung: The journey of “Unbox Samsung” takes visitors through the Living History of Samsung since 1988, when the first mobile phone was launched.
- Interact & Relax: Various lifestyle programmes are available in the multiple lounges. In addition, visitors can purchase food and beverages in the Café thanks to the “Buddy Points” acquired at each interactive experience.
- Special Events: A series of events are taking place at the Samsung Olympic Showcases to enhance the Olympic Winter Games experience, including athlete visits and holiday celebrations.
A total of nine Samsung Olympic Showcases are open to the public in PyeongChang and Gangneung, including the Olympic Parks, the Olympic Villages and the Main Press Centre, and four at Incheon International Airport.
About Samsung’s involvement in the Olympic Games
Samsung began its Olympic Games involvement as a local sponsor of the Olympic Games Seoul 1988. Beginning with the Olympic Winter Games Nagano 1998, the company extended its commitment to the Olympic Movement as the Worldwide Olympic Partner in the Wireless Communications Equipment category, providing its proprietary wireless communications platform and mobile devices. These innovative mobile technologies provide the Olympic community, athletes and fans around the world with interactive communications and information services, and Samsung Pay. Samsung hosts various Olympic campaigns, to share the excitement of the Olympic Games with people around the world and enable everyone to participate in the Games through its innovative mobile technology. Samsung’s commitment as a Worldwide Olympic Partner continues through PyeongChang 2018 and Tokyo 2020 in the Wireless Communications Equipment and Computing Equipment category.
Olympic Torch Relay
Samsung was one of the three Presenting Partners of the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Torch Relay. Through its “Do What You Can’t” campaign, Samsung spread the passion and hope of the Olympic Games to the torchbearers and worldwide, as the flame made its 101-day journey to light the Olympic cauldron.
For more information, visit: http://news.samsung.com.