- 12 Feb 2004
- IOC News
Athens 2004: six months to go and 35,230 tickets available
On Friday 13 February 2004, from 8 a.m (GMT + 2)., six months before the Olympic Games, a significant number of tickets will be made available to the public for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies and for sports competition sessions, which were until now unavailable.
Order from www.athens2004.com/tickets
In total, an additional 35,230 tickets will be made available for purchase, as follows:
· 1,000 tickets for the Opening Ceremony.
· 4,000 tickets for the Closing Ceremony.
· 11,700 tickets for athletics finals, for four competition sessions on 22, 26, 27 and 28 August.
· 5,150 basketball tickets for six competition sessions: three preliminaries (15, 17, 21 August) in which the Greek national team is competing, and the men’s quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals (26, 27, 28 August).
· 1,400 tickets for all rhythmic gymnastics events (26, 27, 28 and 29 August).
· 4,550 tickets for 11 swimming competition sessions (between 14 and 21 August).
· 1,150 tickets for weightlifting, for Group A, men’s 69kg, 77kg, 85kg and 94kg categories.
· 6,280 tickets for another twelve sports: diving, artistic gymnastics, synchronised swimming, etc.
Ticket purchases can be made at the official ticketing webpage: www.athens2004.com/tickets
First-come, first-served basis
It should be noted that ticket purchases take place in real time, on a first-come, first-served basis and until supplies last. Relevant information is available at the ticketing points of sale, given that tickets are being sold on-line and that availability is continuously changing.