24th OLYMPIC WEEK - Last chance to participate
Event organised by the Olympic Museum Lausanne, from 10 to 14 October 2004.
YOUNG PEOPLE IN CONTACT WITH OLYMPISM
This year, as in the past, the Olympic Museum is pleased to organise Olympic Week with the support of the City of Lausanne, sports and activity clubs from the region, as well as volunteers and sponsors.
As usual, this large sports festival will be staged at the quays at the edge of Lake Geneva. It will be free-of-charge for young people aged 9 to 15 (born between 1989 and 1995).
Its aim is to recall and spread the values of Olympism through the practice of sport: the Olympic spirit is solidarity, respect, fair play, joy and friendship.
The activities are supervised by french-speaking sports instructors and the equipment is provided. They will take place at the Olympic Museum in Ouchy and at the Quai d'Ouchy and Quai de Belgique, which will be closed to traffic, at the Place du Port and Place de la Navigation, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The activities are free, you just have to enroll!
You are between 9 and 15, you want to enroll and obtain your personal PASS?
• You can obtain your PASS from 10 October, directly at the accreditation stand at the Quai d'Ouchy, in front of the Olympic fountain.
The PASS is valid for the whole week and for all activities.
- Access: Metro or bus number 2, 8 or 4
- Free: On presentation of your personal PASS, Lausanne public transport (urban network lines 1 to 50 and metros) is free from 10 to 14 October
- Accreditation and lost property: On the quay at the foot of the Olympic fountain
- Food: Pavilion in the Museum park, a packed lunch is SFr 8.- or menu
- Closing Ceremony: Thursday 14 October at 5.15p.m., Museum auditorium
PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES (subject to changes)