- 15 Jul 2008
- IOC News
2008 World Sport for All Congress: last call for submission of abstracts
“Sport for All – Sport for Life” - this is the motto of the 12th World Sport for All Congress which will be held in Genting Highlands (Malaysia) from 3 to 6 November 2008. With the call for submission of abstracts closing on 15 August 2008, you still have one month to contribute. So don’t miss your chance to play an active role in this Congress organised by the Olympic Council of Malaysia, under IOC patronage, in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the General Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF).
Discover the invited speakers list, which includes sports administrators, researchers, and representatives of governmental and non-governmental organisations, representatives of the Olympic Movement, and institutions and groups involved in Sport for All.
Find out more about the sub-themes and topics, which will focus on the following five issues:
- Physical activity for young people
- The role of Sport for All in the world of information technology
- Sport for All’s responses to the challenges of ageing populations
- Sport for All and social justice
- Focus on the Olympic and Sports Movement’s Sport for All initiatives