How well do you know the Olympic Games?
A visit of the permanent exhibition to learn the essentials of the Olympic Games.
Ages six and upwards
- Because the Olympic Games are much more than a sports competition.
- Because champions can inspire us to manage certain aspects of our daily lives.
Option 1: Visit with a coach (reservation required)
Price: CHF 15 CHF per childy
Visit of a selection of areas of the permanent exhibition with a coach
- The pupils discover the elements which make the Olympic Games unique and universal.
- They discover the Olympic values though the stories of athletes, all champions in their own way.
- They then dive into the universe of sports sciences through zones devoted to nutrition, technological developments and training.
Option 2: Unaccompanied visit with a tablet (reservation required)
Price: CHF 7 per child
Tablet with a proposed route around the permanent exhibition (explanations and activities)
- Created to help teachers lead a visit of the permanent exhibition.
- Suggestion of a route with 11 stops, with a presentation of the area and activities proposed for each stop.
- Themes addressed:
- The Olympic world: ancient origins and the development of the Modern Games.
- The Olympic Games: sports on the programme and highlights.
- The Olympic spirit: the daily life of athletes, and their life in the Olympic Village.
“What I like is that the visit is varied. It alternates moments of thinking and emotion with physical activities. The children are often surprised to see everything there is behind the Olympic Games, and ask many questions. I choose my route according to their remarks. So each visit is a surprise, for me and for the children.” Emilie Person
TOM resources available on the theme:
Other resourcesIOC http://www.olympic.org website
IOC Olympic Studies Centre website