Theme available until March 18, 2021
A workshop and/or exhibition tour that allow(s) pupils to explore the Olympic values and discuss fair play, cheating and the quest for excellence. In doing so, they draw parallels between sport and their daily lives. They thus find that the answers are not always clear, unique or even definitive. The participants will learn to express their opinions and develop their critical thinking, but also to listen, understand and respect others’ opinions.
- Recommended ages: 11-13 years old / 14-15 years old
The Mediator adapts his speech and the contents presented to the age of the pupils/children.
- From Tuesday to Friday
- 45-minute workshop in an educational space
Possibility to combine the workshop with :
- Self-guided tour or 45-minute guided tour of the permanent exhibition
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
A guided tour of the permanent exhibition
- Pupils learn about the modern Olympic Games and Olympism.
- They find out about the meaning of the key Olympic symbols: the rings, torch and torch relay.
- The tour continues with a presentation of sports equipment that belonged to athletes whose careers they will learn about.
- The behind-the-scenes activities of the competitions are also covered during the tour.
A themed workshop:
During the workshop, pupils:
- Ask and answer questions in a quiz hosted by the activity leader.
- Exchange opinions on various topics related to the Games, sport and competition.
- Draw links between situations experienced by athletes or in their daily lives.
- Think about the messages conveyed by the Olympic symbols.
- Take up brief challenges together to experience the values and put them into practice.
- As of January 1, 2021, our entire educational offer is free of charge for groups under the age of 16 (admission, visit and workshop if desired and available).