The Olympic Museum

In 1923, Pierre de Coubertin decided to set up an Olympic museum at Villa Mon-Repos to preserve the heritage of the Olympic Games. In 1982, the museum moved to a temporary location on Avenue Ruchonnet in the centre of Lausanne, where it was housed until the current museum was opened in Ouchy in 1993.

The museum is an Olympic Studies Centre and plays an important educational role, promoting the values and culture of the Olympic movement across the world. Through its collections of artefacts, including Olympic paraphernalia, coins, stamps and artworks, it shares the message, history, heritage and future challenges of Olympism with all sectors of the public.

CONTACT:

The Olympic Museum
1, quai d’Ouchy
1006 Lausanne
Switzerland

T: +41 21 621 65 11

Filter resources

Français