La nouvelle chaîne olympique vous livre des nouvelles, temps forts, séquences exclusives en coulisses, épreuves en direct et programmation originale, 24 heures sur 24, 365 jours par an.
At a meeting of international experts of Disorders Of Sex Development (DSD) in Athletes on 17-18 January, organised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Florida International University (FIU) and jointly financed by the IOC and International Athletics Foundation (IAF), the following conclusions were reached:
• That sport authorities, in conjunction with the relevant medical authorities, have a responsibility to follow up on cases of DSD that arise under their jurisdiction
• That there be an increase in education and awareness of DSD within the sport community
• That PPHE (pre participation health examinations) are important for the purpose of identifying athletes with DSD
• That precise diagnosis should be established expeditiously utilizing requisite expertise
• That a management plan be drawn up if treatment is necessary (recommended)
• To establish strategically located centres of excellence at which athletes with DSD can, if necessary, be diagnosed and treated
• That rules be put in place to determine eligibility of athletes for sport competition on a case-by-case basis both prior to and following diagnosis of a DSD, including when an athlete is undergoing treatment for DSD or refuses treatment for a DSD
For more information, please contact the IOC Communications Department:
Tel: +45 205 27 415 e-mail: email@example.com, or visit our web site at www.olympic.org
Broadcast quality videos can be accessed and downloaded for free: click here
For an extensive selection of photos available shortly after each event, please follow us on Flickr
To request archive photos and footage, please contact our Images team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For up-to-the-minute information on the IOC and regular updates, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook.