The IOC Finance Commission advises the IOC Session, the IOC Executive Board and the President on matters relating to the IOC’s financial management in order to safeguard continuity and strengthen the transparency and good governance of the IOC and the Olympic Movement.
The responsibilities of the Finance Commission are to:
- Review and pre-approve financial information in order to be able to provide advice and recommendations to the Session, the IOC Executive Board and the President with respect to making significant financial decisions.
- Provide advice and guidance to other commissions on financial matters.
- Ensure that the IOC and all its subsidiaries have an efficient and transparent budgeting and financial control process, and that the Financial Policies and Procedures approved by the IOC Executive Board are respected.
- Make recommendations to the IOC Executive Board on the strategy to be followed for the Olympic Movement financial investments, and monitor on a quarterly basis, through the Treasury Committee, that such strategy is followed or updated based on changing conditions in the financial markets.
- Perform a review of the completed financial statements before submission of these to the IOC Executive Board and IOC Session for approval.
The IOC Finance Commission is supported by the IOC Finance Department and oversees all IOC entities, including The Olympic Foundation for Culture and Heritage, the Olympic Foundation, Olympic Solidarity, IOC Television and Marketing Services, Olympic Broadcasting Services and the Olympic Channel.