The Communications Commission advises the IOC Session, the IOC Executive Board and the IOC President on strategic communication, ensuring that the Olympic values and activities, as well as the IOC’s vision and mission, are promoted to a global audience.
The responsibilities of the Communications Commission are to:
- Ensure that the IOC, as the leader of the Olympic Movement, has a clear communications strategy to amplify the IOC’s central purpose of putting sport at the service of humanity;
- In a rapidly evolving media landscape, ensure the IOC employs innovative communications approaches to engage people around the world, in particular young people, in the mission and values of the Olympic Movement, all year round;
- Ensure the IOC’s strategic communications fully utilise all available channels, including the Olympic Channel;
- Seek advice and support from global experts in the fields of marketing, communications, advertising and digital media, including the Worldwide TOP Partners and the Olympic broadcast partners;
- Make recommendations to the IOC Executive Board regarding strategic communications.
The Communications Commission is supported by the Communications Department.
Mikaela COJUANGCO JAWORSKI
Nawal EL MOUTAWAKEL
Maria Leonor ESTAMPODOR
Morten MOELHOLM HANSEN
Olabanji Cyprian OLADAPO
Director in charge
Director of Strategic Communications