Healthy Cooking: Food is your body’s fuel!
It’s no secret to anyone: what your body consumes has a huge impact on your performance, and the more you understand how to give your body energy, the more effective you will be.
Food is your body’s fuel; but be careful, nutrition is a wide-ranging subject. There are a plethora of theories. The important thing is that you:
- Eat a varied diet – a bit of everything on a regular basis.
- Make sure you’re well hydrated – drink lots of water.
- Do what suits you and not just what others do.
- Balance the way you consume different foodstuffs (fats, carbs and proteins) depending on your sport.
- Seek professional advice if you want to lose or gain weight. Extremes are never good.
It is important for you to understand what to eat before, during and after your training and competitions.
But do you know how to prepare a balanced meal? To help you get started in the kitchen, a set of delicious and healthy recipes has been developed with experts. They are simple to create, so there is no excuse not to get cooking! Download our YOG recipe book.
Find out what Chad Le Clos has for breakfast.
Discover Lindsey Vonn’s cake recipe.
If you want to find out more about this topic, visit the online course on the IOC’s Athlete Learning Gateway: “Smarter Eating for Better Performance”.
Learn how to eat well during along the day.
Check out what you should drink to stay hydrated!
Learn what to eat to recover faster and better.
Eat a variety of the wholesome foods each day!
Make sure you know what to eat and drink before and during your competition.
Have a look at what a well-balanced meal is!