Seven new athlete representatives were elected onto the International Equestrian Federation’s (FEI) Athletes’ Committee, after an online vote by their peers which took place from 29 July to 23 September 2018.
There is one Representative per discipline. He/she sits for a four year term (non-renewable) on his/her respective discipline’s FEI Technical Committee and is also a member of the FEI Athletes Committee with all the other Athlete Representatives.
Congratulations to the new athlete representatives:
- Cian O’Connor from Ireland, Jumping
- Beatriz Ferrer-Salat from Spain, Dressage
- William Fox-Pitt from Great Britain, Eventing
- Tarek Taher from U.S.A, Endurance,
- Kristina Boe from Germany, Vaulting
- Francesca Sternberg from Great Britain, Reining
- Angelika Trabert from Germany, Paralympian representative
The FEI Athlete representatives play a vital role and provide a voice to the Athlete community within the global FEI decision making process.
A second ballot will be held from today until October 10 for a driving athlete representative after a tie, between Marieke Harm from Germany and Hungary’s Jambor Vilmos. In total, 52 athletes from 26 different countries stood for election, with voting carried out online.
Find more information on the Committee here.