Among the services being made available to athletes by the IOC at the Olympic Games PyeongChang 2018 is the shooting by professional photographers of portrait images (still images only) of each participating athlete. These images will subsequently be used for TV graphics and results scoreboards for a number of sports, as well as on IOC platforms (website and social media), and will be made available to all the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and athletes for editorial purposes only. They will also be used for archiving purposes.
The photographs will be taken in the Photo Studios in the Olympic Villages (further details concerning the exact location and operating hours will be provided at a later stage). All athletes are required to have their photographs taken as soon as possible after arrival in the Olympic Village, and no later than three days before their competitions.
Position of the athlete:
• Athletes should face forward, with their upper shoulders square. (The photographer will provide the appropriate guidance.)
• Please wear official clothing only
• All clothing must be compliant with Olympic Charter Rule 50
• No hats or scarves should be worn
• Only sight-correction glasses should be worn (no sunglasses or tinted glasses)