Chantal was formerly a board member of the New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) and convened the NZOC Athletes’ Commission. She has been an IOC Athletes’ Entourage Commission member since 2018, and since 2017 she has been a part of the Athletes’ Rights and Responsibilities Declaration Steering Committee. Chantal is also a member of the World Olympic Association Executive Board.
She brings extensive experience as a solicitor in international corporate and commercial law, and currently is Senior Legal Counsel at Les Mills International. Les Mills is a dynamic, multinational company based in New Zealand which specializes in the creation and licensing of the intellectual property in a suite of pre-choreographed group fitness programs to music.
Positions held in the NZOC:
- 2015 – present NZOC Olympians’ Commission Chair
- 2010 – 2015 NZOC Board Member
- 2009 – 2015 Chair of NZOC Athletes’ Commission
- 2008 – 2009 Co-Chair of the NZOC Athletes’ Commission
- 2005 – 2009 NZOC Athletes’ Commission
2x Olympic Games: Long Jump at Atlanta 1996 and Sydney 2000
Other sporting achievements:
- Four-time New Zealand IAAF World Championships representative, long jump – 1995; 1997; 1999; 2001
- Four-time New Zealand Commonwealth Games representative, long jump – 1994; 1998; 2002; 2006
- Current holder of the New Zealand Women’s National and Resident Long Jump records: 6.68 (1997 and 2001) and former holder of the National and Resident record for the 4 x 100 Relay
- Participant at the Goodwill Games (2001) and Athletics World Cup (2002)
- 17 NZ National Championship titles in the long jump, 100m, 200m and 4×100 relays.
- World Masters Games 2017, Gold medal W45 long jump and 4x100m relay.
- New Zealand Masters W45 60m and Long Jump records (2017).