It’s no secret: what your body consumes has a huge impact on performance, and the more you understand how to give your body energy, the more effective you will be.
Food is your body’s fuel; but be careful, nutrition is a wide-ranging subject and there are so many theories. The important things are that you:
– Eat a varied diet – in other words, a bit of everything on a regular basis;
– Make sure you’re well hydrated – drink lots of water;
– Concentrate on what works for you and not what others do;
– Balance the way you consume different foodstuffs (fats, carbs and proteins) depending on your sport;
– Seek professional advice if you want to lose or gain weight. Extremes are never good.
It is important for you to understand what to eat before, during and after your training and competitions.