- Olympic Games: 5-time Olympian and Gold in 2008
- World Champion in 2006
- Asian Champion in both 2012 and 2015
- Commonwealth Champion in 2014
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Colorado
- Why did I want to be a member of the IOC Athletes’ Commission?
My appointment to the IOC Athletes’ Commission came as a pleasant surprise. I see this as a recognition of my parent organisation, the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF), of which I had the honour to serve as the Chair of the Athletes’ Commission. We were involved in important decisions over the years and worked hard to make it a strong committee. The Athletes’ Handbook and the opening up of sponsorship rules for athletes were some highlights.
- What do the Olympic Games mean to me?
The Olympic Games and the Olympic Movement have been my life! The Games represent perseverance, persistence, honesty and integrity to me.
- What is my role in the Athletes’ Commission?
I am looking forward to working hard to fulfil the goals of the Commission and make sure the athletes remain the heart and central point of the Olympic Movement.
Other roles in sport
- Chairman of ISSF Athletes Committee 2014-2018
- Member of ISSF Athletes Committee 2010-2018
- Member of IOC Athletes Commission 2018
- Member of Prime Ministers Olympic Task Force, Government of India – 2016
- Chairman of Identification Committee, Target Olympic Podium Scheme – 2016 – 2017, Government of India.