Career +: Power Up Online Workshops
The Career+ Power Up workshops are a self-discovery journey to grow and develop an understanding of yourself and help you explore your future career choices. The workshops are delivered by Athlete365 Career+ Educators and are suitable for elite-level athletes whatever stage you’re at in your career
Across four 90-minute online action-based learning sessions you will learn about yourself through reflection, games, storytelling, discussion and questioning. No matter at what stage you are in your career, it is important to take time to reflect and evaluate who you are and what you want out of life.
- Workshop 1: Strengths and values
This first session focuses on self-reflection and activities to answer questions like – what is great about me? What could I be better at? What is important to me?
- Workshop 2: Interests and skills
During the session we explore what sparks your interest outside sport and your unique skills that are transferrable and valuable to the labour market.
- Workshop 3: Passion and Impact
Session three goes to a deeper level of what you are really passionate about and how can you can make a positive impact on the world.
- Workshop 4: Purpose and planning
This module will help you identify your purpose, discovering your “purpose” makes you more likely to have higher levels of fulfilment and happiness in your life. We start planning your next steps into a “purpose-driven” life.
- Global workshop (English): 27,28,29 and 30 July – 21:00 CEST
- Global workshop (English): 28,29,30 and 31 July – 8:00 CEST
- Global workshop (Spanish): 17,18,19,20 August – 12:00 MEX (CDT) / 19:00 (CEST)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
‘Power Up’ will build a foundation for increased self-knowledge, confidence, self-esteem, and leadership capacity. Throughout the exercises, you will find your Super Powers and potential impact on the world.
- Identify your unique personality traits, behaviour, strengths, interests, skills, values, motivations, and interests and bring them together in a “ME MAP”.
- Build a personal library of key significant words and attributes that you will use in your career development process (networking, in your CV, and in an interview).
- Recognise the traits, experiences, values, and skills that you learned as an athlete and transfer those into the world of work and into wider aspects of life.
- Identify specific interests, career paths, and occupations based on your passion and interests.
- Reflect and explore your passions, your purpose, and how you can create a positive impact in the world, and how planning and actions lead to your dreams in sport, in careers, and in life.
There are Global workshops open to all athletes and entourage Please check the calendar and you will find the link to register for the global workshops. Please note that the places will be limited to the 20 first participants to register.
Therefore, if you register, please ensure that you participate, otherwise, you will be preventing someone to take the benefits of the workshop.
Regional and local workshops
These workshops are usually delivered by Educators to athletes of their own region/country/ organisation, or to a group of athletes that speak a specific language. Please check the calendar and you will find the instructions of how to register for the regional and local workshops.
You will need the following:
- An e-mail address (to receive pre-workshop material and to register)
- Paper and pen
- To submit the registration form below (you will receive the link to join the online meeting only after you complete your registration)
- Internet access to join the online meeting (good enough to use the video and audio)
- Computer (ideally) or mobile phone (or both if available)
- Headphones (ideally)
In the sign-up form below you will find the workshop time and dates delivered in different time-zones and different languages.
We encourage you to attend all four workshops since they are all connected. If you cannot attend one, there will be online workshops being organised in different regions, countries, and languages periodically, so check the calendar and subscribe to www.olympic.org/athlete365 and follow social media channels @athlete365 where we will be announcing the upcoming workshops.
We will ensure that there are workshops organised periodically so that all interested athletes can attend one. If you have not been able to register for global or regional workshop, please e-mail us: email@example.com and indicate your country and language.
If your questions are associated with the workshops, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need more specific guidance and support to figure out the next steps on your career transition, please use our career-advice sessions ‘What’s next’ with experts from The Adecco Group.