- World Championships: silver medal in 2008
- Chair of the International Modern Pentathlon Federation Athletes’ Commission
- Bachelor and Master degrees in International Trade and Logistics
- Why did I want to be a member of the IOC Athletes’ Commission?
I believe that I can help young athletes – especially girls – in Egypt and Africa learn the Olympic values of education and to be a part of the Olympic Movement. Being part of the IOC Athletes’ Commission has helped to give me the voice to represent athletes and the strength to achieve this.
I personally believe in the power of sport and its ability to overcome the most difficult of challenges. Sport has given me so much in life, and I felt that it was time to give something back. It is an honour for me to join the Commission and be part of the change.
- What do the Olympic Games mean to me?
For me, the Olympic Games is the most important event (month) for the elite athletes that comes once every four years to celebrate their efforts with different countries, culture, people and friends all in one place and believe me it’s worth it.
- What is my role in the Athletes’ Commission?
I am focusing on projects which provide support to athletes on and off the field of play, through dual careers, funding opportunities and helping to overcome barriers that might exist in people’s minds.