The IOC Olympic Studies Centre (OSC) has launched the 2012 Postgraduate Research Grant Programme intended for young researchers engaged in scholarly research on the Olympic Movement, its history and ideals, and the impact of the Olympic Games on the various aspects of contemporary society and culture.
Three main objectives
The objectives of this programme are as follows:
- Encourage young researchers to undertake research with a humanities or social sciences perspective on the Olympic phenomena. For the 2012 selection, the priority fields of research are among others:
- Young people and their relationship with physical activity, sport and Olympism (interest, participation and engagement).
- Sport for All: Health and social benefits of regular physical activity for people of all ages, both sexes and different social and economic conditions.
- The participation of the National Olympic Committees in the Olympic Winter Games: Origins, evolution and future perspectives.
- Sport as a tool for human development. How can sport make the difference?
- Sustainability reporting in major events: Best practices and trends in the communication of economic, environmental and social outcomes.
- Promote the written and audiovisual IOC patrimony consultation.
- Encourage exchanges of information and interdisciplinary and intercultural networking of young researchers.
Who is eligible to apply?
All current postgraduate students undertaking a PhD degree and all university professors/lecturers who have completed their doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in the past five years and who currently hold an academic appointment.
The Grant Programme Selection Committee is composed of experts who are world-renowned for their involvement in Olympic studies, and the OSC officers and professionals.
Application files, and any related correspondence, should be sent to the OSC by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail before 30 September 2011. The complete explanatory document and the application form are available on our website: http://www.olympic.org/universities.
To find out more about the activities and collections of the IOC Olympic Studies Centre, please consult our web site: http://www.olympic.org/studies.