The World Programmes covering the four areas of sports development are considered essential for NOCs to accomplish the mission that has been entrusted to them by the Olympic Charter.
17 World Programmes
For the 2013-2016 quadrennial period, the priority of the 17 World programmes is to increase global assistance to athletes, reinforce NOC structure and global management capacities, continue to support coach education and promote the Olympic Values.
Four areas of action
Olympic Scholarships for Athletes “Sochi 2014”
Olympic Scholarships for Athletes "Rio 2016"
Team Support Grants
Continental Athlete Support Grant
Youth Olympic Games - Athlete Support
- Technical Courses for Coaches
- Olympic Scholarships for Coaches
- Development of National Sports Structure
- NOC Administration Development
- National Training Courses for Sports Administrators
- International Executive Training Courses in Sports Management
- NOC Exchanges
Promotion of Olympic Values
- Sports Medicine
- Environmental Sustainability in Sport
- Women and Sport
- Sport for All
- Olympic Education, Culture and Legacy
2013-2016 "A Direct Line!"
2009-2012 Final report - Ground of Achievements
2012 Annual report - The Home Advantage
2011 Annual report - Moving forward
2010 Annual report
2009 Annual report
All Olympic Solidarity publications
(See under IOC Commissions - Olympic Solidarity)