The Buenos Aires Organising Committee for the IOC Session has coordinated with the relevant authorities in Argentina and at “Ministro Pistarini international airport in Buenos Aires to streamline this process for the media.
Arrival procedure for media
1. Prior to departure, media who are importing equipment for use during the IOC Session, such as television cameras, photographic equipment, and other related broadcast technical equipment, should complete the Temporary Import of Equipment Affidavit
Please click here to download the Affidavit
2. Upon arrival at “Ministro Pistarini” (Ezeiza) international airport in Buenos Aires, media should proceed to immigration, where they will find a special Olympic Family Fast Track line for attendees of the IOC Session, including media. The Fast Track line will be clearly indicated by signs with the Olympic rings.
3. Accredited media should carry with them a printed or digital copy of the confirmation email they received from the IOC that their accreditation was approved, as well as proof that they are affiliated with the specific media organisation.
4. After immigration, media should collect their luggage from the carousel.
5. Media who are not carrying equipment with them can proceed directly through Customs.
6. Media who are carrying equipment with them should proceed directly through Customs and look for the sign IOC MEDIA. Here Customs personnel and SIMEX (Customs Broker) will check the affidavit and prepare the temporary admission of equipment (if the form has not been completed or has been left behind, it can be completed on the spot). Estimated process time: 30 minutes.
7. It is recommended that media who will be going through this process supply their arrival details, date, flight number and time in advance so as to expedite this process. Email details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Once completed, media should then proceed through Customs.
Departure procedure for media
- Media who have imported equipment should cancel the affidavit to avoid Customs penalties and fines.
- Reconfirm by email your date and time of departure from Argentina to the following address: email@example.com. You will be informed in which sector of the airport you will have to carry out this formality four hours before your departure flight.
- Argentine Customs will verify the equipment.
- End of process. The passenger may board.
- Estimated process time: 30 minutes
Should you have any questions regarding this procedure or for further information, please contact Claudio Chryniewiecki: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, please contact the IOC Media Relations Team:
Tel: +41 21 621 6000 e-mail: email@example.com, or visit our web site at www.olympic.org
For an extensive selection of photos available shortly after each event, please follow us on Flickr
To request archive photos and footage, please contact our Images team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For up-to-the-minute information on the IOC and regular updates, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Youth Olympic Games
For all the latest information on the Youth Olympic Games, past and upcoming Summer and Winter editions, check out the Youth Olympic Games website, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and watch us on YouTube.