There are just three days to go until the Opening Ceremony of the first Winter Youth Olympic Games, being held from 13 to 22 January. For those who are travelling to Innsbruck, and for those who will be reporting on the event remotely, you will find below some essential information to your coverage of the Games:
FREE CONTENT AVAILABLE
Broadcast quality footage:
· Daily News Feed: a 10-minute daily news feed (recap of the day’s sporting action including interviews with some of the winners) will be distributed via satellite every evening. For detailed information on the transmissions, please contact Associated Press (AP) at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to this, each news feed will be made available in broadcast quality footage on the following Innsbruck 2012 dedicated page: click here. You will also find cool footage of the five YOG Ambassadors (Sidney Crosby, Yuna Kim, Benjamin Raich, Kevin Rolland and Lindsey Vonn) already available on this web page.
· Video News Releases (VNRs): AP will also be distributing 3 VNRs via satellite and posting them on their Innsbruck 2012 dedicated page on 14, 17 and 19 January. Content will include footage and short interviews of the following:
· VNR1: IOC President Jacques Rogge and Ambassador Yuna Kim at the Opening Ceremony
· VNR2: Alpine skiing legend Franz Klammer and IOC President Jacques Rogge at the Alpine venue Patscherkofel
· VNR3: Lindsey Vonn’s visit to Innsbruck
For high-resolution photos of the IOC President, Jacques Rogge, the five YOG Ambassadors, venues, logos, mascots and young athletes competing, please see below for FTP details:
User : Images11
Password : Lux!209
(We recommend you use FileZilla to read the FTP.)
During the Games, a selection of photos will be posted on our flickr accounts at the following: www.flickr.com/iocmedia and www.flickr.com/innsbruck2012.
(Should you need a higher definition photo, please email email@example.com.)
· The Youth Infomation System (YIS) will provide daily editorial content. All stories are posted on www.innsbruck2012.com. Further content will be available on www.olympic.org. Competitions results are posted daily on www.innsbruck2012.com.
· Click here for the sports competition schedule.
· Click here for the Culture and Education Programme schedule.
GAMES-TIME MEDIA EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Three IOC press conferences will take place during the Games at the Congress Hall (Saal Brüssel):
· 13 January at 10 a.m. (local time): Opening press conference with IOC President Jacques Rogge
· 18 January at 11 a.m. (local time): Press briefing with Gilbert Felli, IOC Olympic Games Executive Director, Peter Bayer, CEO of Innsbruck 2012 and Sarah Lewis, FIS Secretary General
· 22 January at 2 p.m. (local time): Closing press conference with IOC President Jacques Rogge
17 January: IOC President at Patscherkofel joined by Austrian Olympic champions for the new Alpine skiing mixed parallel team event.
- 11.00: Competition commences: Olympic champions Franz Klammer, Stephan Eberharter and others will open the competition as forerunners.
- 12.45: Media opportunity with IOC President in Patscherkofel restaurant with buffet lunch provided
11-15 January: Media opportunities with Olympic champion and YOG Ambassador Yuna Kim as follows:
- 11 January: Meeting with young athletes at Olympiaworld (subject to change)
- 12 January, 7.30 p.m.: Athletes Welcome Session (IOC President also attending)
- 13 January 12 p.m.: YOG dance with ice skater Stéphane Lambiel
- 14 January 8 p.m.: Meet the Role Models: Q&A session with young athletes, with Alexander Popov and Stéphane Lambiel
19 January: Lindsey Vonn visits the Youth Olympic Games including the giant slalom competition at Patscherkofel. Q&A session with athletes at Congress Hall
If you wish to attend any of the above events, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as there might be space constraints.
ADDITIONAL MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES
There will be interview opportunities with:
- The IOC President Jacques Rogge
- YOG Ambassadors
- Athlete Role Models (ARMs) – please click here to see the full list. ARMs are the Olympians and champions who will be mentoring the 1,000 participating athletes. Media will be offered the chance to follow them while they interact with the young participating athletes during the Culture and Education Programme. Please click here to see their media availability.
For the latest updates on the Games, press releases, photo and video postings and media logistics information, please follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/iocmedia.
For all other content follow:
For more information, please contact the IOC Media Relations Team:
Tel: +41 21 621 6000 e-mail: email@example.com, or visit our web site at www.olympic.org.